You can find lots of kebab recipes in Turkish cuisine. Turkish People enjoy kebabs, so they have a kebab recipe for almost any type of meat. Do you know about today’s onion kebab? Did you hear about it? If you didn’t, you’re in for an excellent kebab recipe. Kebabs are very popular in Turkey.
They are served in restaurants everywhere. The food varies from region to region. Some areas use more spices, while others use fewer. But overall the food remains the same. There are slight regional differences. One such difference is the onion kebab. In Urfa, there are slight differences from the beautiful city of Antep. But we, as a Turkish food family, will share the traditional recipe.
How To Make Onion Kebab? (Soğan kebabı)Course: Turkish FoodCuisine: Turkish KebabDifficulty: Easy
Moreover, we even saw them eat more than one portion of these delicious kebabs. Therefore, you can try our recipe without any doubt. You’ll be amazed by its flavor. Onion kebab is one example of a practical dish and one of the favorite dishes of Eastern Turkey. Although onion kebab is generally known throughout the country, it is often consumed in Şanlýurfa, Adana, and Mardin regions. I hope you enjoy our recipe.
1 kg little onion (the size of a tangerine)
350 gram minced meat
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 taespoon red powdered pepper
2 teaspoon salt
- For Sausace
1/4 teaglass pomegranate Syrup
1 dessertspoon tomato paste
1.5 teaglass water
- Add the minced meat to the bowl, add salt, pepper, and red pepper and knead for 5 minutes.
- Cut into pieces as many as the number of onions, roll, and set aside.
- Peel the onions, wash them clean and remove the first layer.
- Remove the onion layers from the middle, leaving a space between them, and the meatballs you make will fit here.
- Squeeze the meatballs between the onions and place them on the tray.
- Continue this process until all the onions, and minced meat are gone.
- Bake in a preheated 250-degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Whisk together the pomegranate syrup, tomato paste, and water in a bowl.
- Take the cooked onions from the oven and drizzle this sauce over them with the help of a spoon.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and cook for another 10-15 minutes until the onions are completely soft.